[Xenomai] xenomai.allowed_group=<gid>

Hänel-Baas, Alexander alexander.haenel-baas at sieb-meyer.de
Wed Jan 11 12:05:04 CET 2017

Hi,

when we running our xenomai3 application as root, always works fine.
But when we running the application as regular user, the following message was prompt:

WARNING: [main] failed to initialize main shared heap
WARNING: [main] setup call copperplate failed
BUG in xenomai_init(): [main] initialization failed, EACCES

We have already read the documentation: Running a xenomai appl as a regular user.
But neither add "xenomai.allowed_group=gid_nr" to the kernel command line nor "echo gid_nr > /sys module/xenomai/parameters/allowed_group"
will be help.

Our application is alchemy style with Automatic bootstrap enabled.

Anny ideas what is going wrong?

The kernel Version is: 4.4.26 with Xenomai 3.03 and it works on the Layerscape LS102xa platform.

With best regards
Alexander Hänel-Baas