[Xenomai] xenomai 2 LDFLAGS wrappers, posix only

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Tue Jan 17 11:25:55 CET 2017

On 01/12/2017 07:33 PM, Henning Schild wrote:
> Am Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:54:56 +0100
> schrieb Philippe Gerum <rpm at xenomai.org>:
>
>> On 01/12/2017 06:32 PM, Henning Schild wrote:

>> Is this requirement to wrap gettimeofday() on v2 a LART for preventing
>> deadlocks with the read_seqcount construct in kernel space?
>
> I do not know why it is in there.

>>> Do you agree with the observation? Should the assert_nrt guys be
>>> applied on all skins? Should we add the stdc++ __cxa_guard
>>> functions as such wrappers?
>>
>> I agree on the purpose, but __cxa_guard may depend on the C++ ABI. How
>> are you going to deal with this?
>
> My current patch provides weak dummy-versions of them. That way you can
> still link even when not using c++.

I was referring to architecture-specific signatures of those guard ops.
For instance, in its CPPABI supplement (ABI rev 2.10 from Nov '15), ARM
mentions a variation from the generic CPPABI for __cxa_guard_acquire and
_release regarding their int32 argument, instead of int64.

So that would mean that we'd need architecture-specific wrappers, those
could not be generic ones. I did not check further, just raising the point.