[Xenomai] 32 bits / 64 bits compatibility

Stéphane Ancelot sancelot at numalliance.com
Fri Jan 20 17:12:15 CET 2017

Le 17/01/2017 à 11:32, Philippe Gerum a écrit :
> On 01/17/2017 10:30 AM, Stéphane Ancelot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to keep graphic compatibility with an application, I must run
>> some xenomai applications in 32 bits.
>>
>> Is it possible to have a 64 bits kernel compile xenomai with 32 bits
>> libs for applications ?
>>
> Xenomai 3 supports this, currently for x86.
I managed to run 32 bits applications , with shared memory using 32 bits
emulation under 64 bit kernel with xenomai 3.  (latest git next branch
with 3.18.20 kernel)

The main problem remains with rtnet.
ioctl replies with no such device.

This can be reproduced with rtifconfig 32 and 64 bits version against
rteth0 interface (that is loaded ...).

rtifconfig 64bits works , not 32 bit one.

Regards,
S.Ancelot