[Xenomai] Issues with Xenomai 3.0.5...

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Jun 5 10:24:25 CEST 2017

On 06/04/2017 08:02 PM, Jim Langston wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> The backtrace I get when I run gdb on the target is:
>
> #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> #1  0xb77b617c in do_open (
>     path=path at entry=0xb77bd31d "/dev/rtdm/memdev-private",
>     oflag=oflag at entry=2, mode=0) at rtdm.c:51

It looks like the *libc you are using does not enable the
sysenter/sysexit kernel call convention for x86, you may want to pass
--disable-x86-vsyscall to the configure script, then rebuild from scratch.

Also, I would recommend to pass --disable-smp in the same move, since
Xenomai enables SMP support by default for the x86 architecture, and
although this would still work with a UP kernel (the opposite would
not), there is no point on the Geode.