[Xenomai] real-time spi driver for imx6

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Fri Jun 30 21:25:21 CEST 2017

On 06/29/2017 11:15 PM, Jackson Jones wrote:
> Are there any plans to add a real-time driver for the imx6 spi?

No ongoing work to my knowledge. The ECSPI is fairly straightforward to
control in PIO mode. FWIW, I believe that writing a backend driving this
chip on top of Cobalt's generic SPI core should be possible, using the
bcm2835 implementation we already have in tree as an example.

testsuite/spitest.c illustrates the API exposed to userland by the SPI
core, which can use read/write calls or a memory-mapped transfer buffer.