[Xenomai] Posix replacement for rt_task_suspend(), rt_task_resume() and rt_task_delete()

Giulio Moro g.moro at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 03:38:25 CEST 2017

Hello,
I am porting a Xenomai 3 application from Alchemy to the Posix API*. Under Alchemy, I was using rt_task_suspend(NULL) to suspend a task and rt_task_resume(&task) to resume the task from a separate thread. What is the best / recommended way of porting this to the Posix API?
Are there any drop-in replacements? Otherwise, I was thinking of using a condition variable.

What about rt_task_delete() ? The Xenomai documentation does not list pthread_cancel (though I see it is being used by copperplate in the rt_task_delete() call). Is it ok to use pthread_cancel() on a xenomai task?

Thanks,
Giulio

* Posix is measurably faster on our architecture (TI am3358)