[Xenomai] [I-PIPE] [Patch] IRQ pipelining support for GICv3

Christoph Müllner christoph.muellner at theobroma-systems.com
Mon Oct 9 11:22:57 CEST 2017

Hi Xenomai/I-pipe devs,

we have I-pipe/Cobalt/Xenomai running here on a Rockchip RK3399, which is a six core ARMv8/aarch64 SoC.
Our current kernel is based on vanilla Linux 4.12.10 and we've applied the I-pipe patches for 4.11-arm64.
Of course there were some conflicts, but we managed to resolve them quickly.
On top of that we are running Xenomai 3.1 (next) in dual-kernel configuration (Cobalt).
xeno-test did not show any errors/fails and we've successfully run latency for more than 72 hours in a row.

The RK3399 has an ARM GICv3 interrupt controller. Unfortunately the I-pipe patches don't include
support for that controller. Therefore I'd like to contribute a patch for that (see attachment).