[Xenomai] doc for xeno-config skins

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Thu Apr 5 15:25:40 CEST 2018

On 04/05/2018 01:39 PM, Giulio Moro wrote:
> Thanks and sorry for overlooking that. I thought if there was some docs on xeno-config it would have been inlined in its source, so that is where I looked for it. I guess the man folder should have been a more obvious choice.
>
> Is it correct that calling `xeno-config --skin cobalt` expects you to call, POSIX functions prefixed with `__wrap_` ? Does this mean that the *actual* "Cobalt POSIX interface" consists of __wrap_fn() calls as opposed to fn() calls?

__RT(fn()) and __COBALT(fn()) hide this ugly __wrap prefix inside an
ugly macro. __STD() keeps consistent with such ugliness for __real calls.

> If yes,  is this documented somewhere obvious?
 I kind of figured this out over time by reading
http://xenomai.org/2014/08/porting-a-linux-application-to-xenomai-dual-kernel/
 and looking at the wrappers files and at the source code, but is it
stated clearly somewhere?

Of course not. Proper documentation hinders fruitful imagination.

> This is a place where I would have looked for that, for instance: http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/xeno3prm/group__cobalt__api.html .

Makes sense, added to my todo list. This is part of a larger
documentation work.

> (incidentally, these two images (referenced by the xeno-config man page) are missing
> http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/man1/asciidoc-icons/note.png
> http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/man1/asciidoc-icons/caution.png
> )

Ok, thanks.