ipipe-arm64 kernel issue

Steve Pavao stevep at korgrd.com
Thu Dec 13 21:04:09 CET 2018

> On Dec 13, 2018, at 7:50 AM, Steve Pavao <stevep at korgrd.com> wrote:

> As I continue to bring up my app, I notice I’m having a segfault (SIGSEGV) trying to access the general purpose IO pins.
>
> I notice that /dev/gpiomem is missing from the environment.

> I am using the dtb from the ipipe-arm64 build.
>
> Steve Pavao
> Korg R&D

I learned there is a kernel config option to load a driver for this.  The config option is named CONFIG_BCM2835_DEVGPIOMEM.  It is set to Y in the config.  In the raspberrypi-linux kernel, the driver is here https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/tree/rpi-4.14.y/drivers/char/broadcom , but I don’t see the file in the ipipe-arm64 repo.

Do the ipipe-arm repos tend to allow support for vendor-specific drivers for features like this, and if so, would the Xenomai team be willing to add the gpiomem driver to the ipipe-arm64 kernel build?  I don’t know the policy for something like this, so thought I would ask to add support for it, and see what is customary.

Steve Pavao
Korg R&D