[Xenomai] Dovetail documentation (WIP) is now online

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Jul 2 22:12:13 CEST 2018

In an attempt to organize the various notes, bits of documentation and
unwritten knowledge floating around - my desk - about Dovetail, a site
dedicated to this effort [1] is now online.

A lot remains to be documented, however this may be useful already to
people who would like to dive into the details of the Dovetail
implementation, including a section covering ports to other architecture
or platforms. A section covering the usage of the Dovetail API is taking
shape too.

Although Dovetail and the I-pipe follow quite different paths for
integrating the pipeline services into the mainline kernel, they share
many of the basic concepts which are described in this material. This
may be worth a read for anyone interested in the I-pipe too.

This small website under the xenomai.org umbrella is intended to provide
information about this ongoing effort, tracking progress of development
(see the Status page for this).

[1] https://dovetail.xenomai.org/