[Xenomai] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request

Henning Schild henning.schild at siemens.com
Thu Jul 12 16:09:46 CEST 2018

Am Thu, 12 Jul 2018 19:22:39 +0530
schrieb Ashok kumar <ashokkumar.bb at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am patching  linux- 3.14.44 with -xenomai-2.6.4,  I am using
> ipipe-core-3.14.44-x86-12.patch

Ok, have you tried 4.9.90 with xenomai 3.0.7? What you are using is far
from still being supported.

The only possible reason you are using such an outdated kernel is
because you rely on other patches as well. Do you see the same bug when
not applying these other patches?

> and in menu config
>
> Required Options:
> * Real-time sub-system
>   --> Xenomai (Enable)
>   --> Nucleus (Enable)
> * Power management and ACPI options
>   --> Run-time PM core functionality (Disable)
>   --> ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
>       --> Processor (Disable)
>   --> CPU Frequency scaling
>       --> CPU Frequency scaling (Disable)
>   --> CPU idle
>       --> CPU idle PM support (Disable)
>
> after installing the xenomai user library, while  checking latency I
> am getting the following error
>
> BUG: unable to handle kernel paging  request
>
> I have attached the screen shot of this bug

Please attach a serial console and provide this as text.

Henning