[Xenomai] Shared memory between RT and NRT tasks (Posix Skin)

Virendra Kate virendrakate at gmail.com
Thu May 3 19:49:33 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to create a shared memory between a RT (Cobalt) and a NRT
(Linux) task. I went through the " A Tour of the Native API " document
which pointed me towards the alchemy (previously "native") API.

Currently we are using the Posix skin as it has better performance. This
link:
http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-2.4/html/api/group__posix__shm.html
indicates
that the typical posix share memory API was available for Xenoami Cobalt in
version 2.4.

Since the shared memory section is missing in the Xenomai 3 documentation
and I couldn't find the --wrap shm_open() etc. flags in the
"cobalt.wrappers" file I was wondering if this functionality is supported
in Xenomai 3 Posix skin.

At this point I am avoiding the use of message queues.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Virendra Kate