[Xenomai] Boot failed on arm64 - xenomai_init --> ipipe_send_ipi

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Fri May 18 09:00:29 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-17 04:13, Dmitriy Cherkasov wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018, at 11:13 AM, Auel, Kendall wrote:
>> I'm trying to build a xenomai-enabled kernel for an arm64 (quad A53
>> cores). Something is not configured correctly, but I haven't been able
>> to get past a stall during xenomai_init. Any ideas on what I'm doing
>> wrong? Thanks.
>>
>> [    0.729547] kvm [1]: 8-bit VMID
>> [    0.732121] kvm [1]: IDMAP page: 40c5e000
>> [    0.736134] kvm [1]: HYP VA range: 800000000000:ffffffffffff
>> [    0.742609] kvm [1]: Hyp mode initialized successfully
>
> I don't think this patch has ever been tested with KVM/HYP mode. I
> would try and see if it works in SVC mode on the same hardware.

It's unlikely that the presence of KVM is causing issues: Linux just
installs the needed hypervisor stub in EL2 but will continue in EL1 from
then on. Only when actually spawning a VM, that code will come into play
again.

I'm rather concerned to see gic_raise_softirq causing a Linux context
switch. I suppose there is some Linux synchronization mechanism in play,
and the patch lacks related adaptions of that.