Xenomai install question (get error running test apps)

Shabaz Yousaf shabaz_yousaf at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 03:39:39 CEST 2019

Hello,

Apologies in advance, this is probably really basic since I'm a beginner, but I'm stumped and have searched for an answer.

In a nutshell, I installed a pre-built Xenomai kernel, and then tried to install the remainder of it and run a sample app, but I get an error:
BUG in __xenomai_init(): [main] running non-SMP libraries on SMP kernel?

Here's the detail:
I've installed the pre-built Xenomi kernel on a BeagleBone Black using some script it already has, and uname -a looks good:
Linux beaglebone 4.14.108-ti-xenomai-r114 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 4 08:52:45 UTC 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

Next, to get the remainder Xenomi stuff, I did the following (I presumed it was Xenomi 3.0.9, but I wasn't sure, I did search in the github beagleboard/linux commits here:
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tree/4.14-xenomai  but unfortunately couldn't see where it was specified. There was a version.h file here:
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/blob/4.14-xenomai/include/xenomai/version.h   but it only had text like XENO_VERSION_STRING with no number)

wget https://xenomai.org/downloads/xenomai/stable/latest/xenomai-3.0.9.tar.bz2

bunzip2 xenomai-3.0.9.tar.bz2

tar xvf xenomai-3.0.9.tar

cd xenomai-3.0.9

./configure CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfp3" LDFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfp3"

make

make install

When I try to run any of the sample/test applications (such as /usr/xenomai/bin/xeno-test), I get an error:
BUG in __xenomai_init(): [main] running non-SMP libraries on SMP kernel?

I think I'm probably doing something silly, and have googled around, but need a pointer to where I may have messed up.
Many thanks,

Shabaz.