Access to Mini-USB-port on BeagleBone Black

Giulio Moro g.moro at qmul.ac.uk
Sun Aug 18 16:44:09 CEST 2019

danwe wrote:
> I'm sorry I forgot to say that I was using Xenomai 2 with RTnet on top. I think RTnet is the problem isn't it? What exactly does RTnet to stop using mini usb port?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Daniel

You surely cannot use RTnet on that port, if that is what you are asking, because that uses the Linux usb gadget driver. If the question is why you cannot use the mini USB port while using RTnet on the ethernet port, I am not sure what the answer is, as I have never used RTnet. Again, I'd look at what features are enabled in your kernel and whether the drivers that are supposed to handle that are loaded, and check the system log. Basically, the instructions I gave earlier  will still apply if you have a half recent kernel (they are from 4.4). Maybe someone else on the list will have more insights on the specifics of RTNet, but you'd have to make a clearer question, providing your kernel and Xenomai version, and also go through the checklist I mentioned earlier. You need to understand that Xenomai 2 is no longer supported, so you'd really have to make it easy for people to help you. Also, why are you not using Xenomai 3?

Giulio