RTNet - vnic0 question

Per Oberg pero at wolfram.com
Thu Aug 22 16:47:19 CEST 2019

----- Den 22 aug 2019, på kl 16:27, Laurentiu-Cristian Duca laurentiu.duca at gmail.com skrev:

> Hi,

> I have used rtifconfig, rtroute and rtping and I mentioned that worked,
> I have written that rtt-sender and rtt-responder which use posix skin
> worked only on vnic0 and not on rteth0.

> I have ported frag-ip.c (from rtnet 0.9.13 to xenomai 3)
> which uses alchemy instead of posix and it works on rteth0 link
> between two qemu-x86_64-rt_8139too virtual machines,
> but do not work on bbb (I think the drivers I use have problems on bbb).

Sorry for the blunt answer. I obviously didn't read enough of the discussion and I didn't provide a good explanation of my thoughts.

My thoughts were basically these:
What I have found myself is that the routing table for rteth0 needed external poking (using ping from other source) to be set up properly, and "Network unreachable" seems to me like a failure in lookup. Perhaps when using virtual devices there are some messages sent in the virtual environment that pokes it for you?

You write that you had it working and already tried rtping, so maybe it's already taken care of. But otherwise it would have been a good idea trying rtroute and see if there is a valid mac-address in the table.

Per Öberg