driver make files and target architecture size

Don Newbold d.o.newbold at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:25:11 CET 2019

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please excuse my shortcomings.

I've been writing and maintaining Linux drivers for over 15 years, and
am now being tasked with Xenomai support.

1. When I look at the driver make files included with the latest Xenomai
download they look totally foreign. Is the existing Linux driver module
makefile format usable or must another format be generated?

2. I'm familiar with building drivers to support 32-bit vs 64-bit
targets. I see that Xenomai has in the past had x64 support, but I now
only see x86. Please clarify the current x86 vs x64 support.

Thanks,

Don