xenomai-3.0.5 include path

Henning Schild henning.schild at siemens.com
Mon Feb 25 11:05:37 CET 2019

Am Mon, 25 Feb 2019 02:01:53 +0800
schrieb "demon.han at aliyun.com" <demon.han at aliyun.com>:

> Hi,
> My installation was refer to:
> https://rtt-lwr.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rtpc/xenomai3.html: "cd
> xenomai-3.0.5 ./configure --with-pic --with-core=cobalt --enable-smp
> --disable-tls --enable-dlopen-libs --disable-clock-monotonic-raw make
> -j`nproc` sudo make install"

The link suggests that you are on Ubuntu. The documentation says to do
"sudo make install", which will work exactly one time ... This is
wrong, especially since you are on a debian-based distro.

Instaed you should be building debian packages and install those.
Everything you need is in the tree. Just change CONFIG_OPTS in
debian/rules, add an entry to debian/changelog and run
dpkg-buildpackage.
If you are not on debian use prefix/destdir and "xstow" and _never_
"make install" as root.

Now you should probably ask your package manager which files in /usr do
not belong to any package. And remove all that look like xenomai. After
that see if a single "make install" will get you into the same conflict
again, or the installation of the resulting package.

Henning