Intel Turbo Mode

cagnulein cagnulein at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:35:37 CET 2019

Hi everybody,
  i would like to give my contribution to this incredible project.
 In these days i'm working on a Intel Atom E3930 (2 cores 1.3GHz with Turbo
Mode to 1.8GHz) and Xenomai.
 Everything working flawless, except the turbo mode.
 Infact, in order to enabling the turbo mode, with the vanilla kernel, i
have to enabling ACPI Processor causing high latency on Xenomai (over 350
us).

 I've create a patch for the vanilla kernel, that allows to enabling the
Turbo Mode without adding the ACPI Processor!
 In this way i can have cpu at maximum speed with a deterministic and low
latency (under 36 us!).

 Here you can find the patch. Maybe you can add it on ipipe?

 Roberto