Help: System freeze when edge interrupt trigger, Xenomain3.0.8, ipipe-arm main line, am335x

Giulio Moro g.moro at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 13:29:42 CET 2019

>Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:48:12 +0800 (CST)
>From: 张建昆 <kunzj at 126.com>
>    The system freeze when interrupt is triggered. I clone ipipe-arm master, and use xenomai 3.0.8 following xenomai startup tutorial.
>The hardware cpu is am3358. System works fine after start up, but the system immediately locks up when a edge interrupt. For example,
> Hello everyone, here is some new clues:
> 1. I tried xenomai 3.0.8, kernel 3.14.17 and ipipe-core-4.14.71-arm-4.patch. Still the same question.

This MAY originate from the same issue as [1], already discussed on this list on [2] and [3], already. In fact,  [4] achieves a similar freeze on 4.14 and [5] suggests a way to fix it. I tried it myself but with no success (but I am not kernel expert!). However, I must say that in my case, I get no freeze, nor a stream of messages in the kernel log, rather what happens is that every time the interrupt is triggered, we get a stacktrace in the kernel log.

[1] https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev/issues/16
[2] https://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2017-June/037427.html
[3] https://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2018-February/038380.html
[4] https://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2018-February/038397.html
[5] https://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2018-February/038389.html
1. I tried xenomai 3.0.8, kernel 3.14.17 and ipipe-core-4.14.71-arm-4.patch. Still the same question.

2. It seems the system is locked up once a gpio interrupt is triggered.

3. Some debug information show that, once a gpio interrupt is triggered, the function

    'omap_gpio_irq_handler' is triggered all the time.

There may be a little bug exists, but i don't know how to amend it. Thank you very much, if anyone can help.