[I-PIPE] ipipe-core-4.14.89-x86-2 released

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Jan 28 12:22:17 CET 2019

On 27.12.18 17:17, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
> On 24.12.18 11:06, Philippe Gerum via Xenomai wrote:
>> On 12/23/18 10:34 PM, Alec Ari via Xenomai wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> I'm not sure if the patch generator was believed to be fixed yet or not, but
>>> files for other arches (arch/arm/include/asm/arch_timer.h) are still
>>> included. If this still being worked on, disregard this message.
>>>

>> The upstream tree at https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86 still
>> exports I-pipe bits for multiple architectures (at least for x86 and
>> arm) but does not include scripts/ipipe/genpatches.sh, so the generator
>> does a plain diff, assuming a single-arch tree.
>>
>> The ARM bits are likely left-overs and should be dropped to fix the tree.
>>

> Going through the commits, it seems we have a couple of ARM-only driver and
> timer patches in the x86 tree but no general ARM enabling. Those should be
> removed, indeed.

In fact, the problem is imported from ipipe-noarch: There are many ARM-related
driver changes that, strictly spoken, do not belong into the noarch tree. Some
touch arch/arm, others just change drivers that are practically ARM-only.

Philippe, do we want to remove those commits from noarch and add them to ARM? Or
should we filter out arch-unrelated diffs when generating the patches?