[I-PIPE] ipipe-core-4.14.89-x86-2 released

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Jan 28 16:18:08 CET 2019

On 1/28/19 12:22 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 27.12.18 17:17, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:

>>> The upstream tree at https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe-x86 still
>>> exports I-pipe bits for multiple architectures (at least for x86 and
>>> arm) but does not include scripts/ipipe/genpatches.sh, so the generator
>>> does a plain diff, assuming a single-arch tree.
>>>
>>> The ARM bits are likely left-overs and should be dropped to fix the
>>> tree.
>>>

>> Going through the commits, it seems we have a couple of ARM-only
>> driver and timer patches in the x86 tree but no general ARM enabling.
>> Those should be removed, indeed.
>
> In fact, the problem is imported from ipipe-noarch: There are many
> ARM-related driver changes that, strictly spoken, do not belong into the
> noarch tree. Some touch arch/arm, others just change drivers that are
> practically ARM-only.
>
> Philippe, do we want to remove those commits from noarch and add them to
> ARM? Or should we filter out arch-unrelated diffs when generating the
> patches?

The drivers you mention are shared between different archs (several arm/
drivers are used by arm64) so instead of maintaining multiple copies,
all these drivers have  been merged into noarch eventually.

This is a patch generation issue for kernel series 4.14+, the easiest
way may be to provide an exclude file to the generator on a per-arch
basis. A filter rule excluding arm/ for anything but arm and arm64
should be enough. I'll have a look at this.

Please note that this does not apply to pre-4.14 trees; those should
provide scripts/ipipe/genpatches.sh as the legacy I-pipe series normally
does, which should filter contents appropriately.