[I-PIPE] ipipe-core-4.14.89-x86-2 released

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Jan 28 17:48:03 CET 2019

On 28.01.19 16:31, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On 1/28/19 4:18 PM, Philippe Gerum via Xenomai wrote:

>>> In fact, the problem is imported from ipipe-noarch: There are many
>>> ARM-related driver changes that, strictly spoken, do not belong into the
>>> noarch tree. Some touch arch/arm, others just change drivers that are
>>> practically ARM-only.
>>>
>>> Philippe, do we want to remove those commits from noarch and add them to
>>> ARM? Or should we filter out arch-unrelated diffs when generating the
>>> patches?
>>>

>> The drivers you mention are shared between different archs (several arm/
>> drivers are used by arm64) so instead of maintaining multiple copies,
>> all these drivers have  been merged into noarch eventually.
>>
>> This is a patch generation issue for kernel series 4.14+, the easiest
>> way may be to provide an exclude file to the generator on a per-arch
>> basis. A filter rule excluding arm/ for anything but arm and arm64
>> should be enough. I'll have a look at this.
>>
>> Please note that this does not apply to pre-4.14 trees; those should
>> provide scripts/ipipe/genpatches.sh as the legacy I-pipe series normally
>> does, which should filter contents appropriately.
>>

> Those files should not be part of noarch though:
>
>   arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-imx51.c            |    5 +
>   arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-imx53.c            |    5 +
>   arch/arm/plat-omap/dmtimer.c              |   17 +-
>   arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/dmtimer.h |    6 +

So these three should go:

a1edb318ad047d0582de66482efa3b76b30b6e1a
09cafa0ee6b1547133eee438c37c8703e70a88d1
5fc1baae9cc27adc771c67aee131993612e88ff2

There is also 9f33ef39090f5f100f056e208733fef2e02bd373, which also contains a
"FIXME" in the commit log.

If we get rid of these, there will be no further need for filtering of arch/.