Help on porting lwIP to Xenomai (Beaglebone Black, AM335X)

Baur, Elias st153286 at stud.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 29 10:57:56 CET 2019

Hello everyone,

I am new to lwIP and did a lot of research the last couple of days. My goal ist to do real time networking between wire-connected Beagleboards. Therefore, we have been setting up a Xenomai Co-Kernel on the boards. To actually send and receive UDP-packets, we want to use lwIP instead of RTnet, because we are already using it on other boards.

I have found out that TI has already ported lwIP on its CPU in its Starterware: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/StarterWare_CPSW_Port_lwIP Now I am wondering whether it is possible to adapt this for Xenomai? Does anyone have experience on that?

Thank you very much!
Best, Eloa