Help on porting lwIP to Xenomai (Beaglebone Black, AM335X)

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Tue Jan 29 15:40:35 CET 2019

On 29.01.19 10:57, Baur, Elias via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to lwIP and did a lot of research the last couple of days. My goal ist to do real time networking between wire-connected Beagleboards. Therefore, we have been setting up a Xenomai Co-Kernel on the boards. To actually send and receive UDP-packets, we want to use lwIP instead of RTnet, because we are already using it on other boards.

This doesn't sound like a strong argument. You should better look for hard
facts, what benefits (or downsides) an lwIP stack would have. Then it is more
realistic to weigh estimated efforts on both sides against benefits.

Also, who should be the low-level driver provider in your lwIP setup? Do you
plan to write one from scratch?

Jan