Xenomai 3.1 missing munmap Posix wrapper

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Apr 6 18:30:13 CEST 2020

On 06.04.20 18:15, Paal Tamas via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I just migrated from 2.6.2.1. to 3.1 and run into an issue in my user mode application.
> The Posix wrapper for the munmap() function is missing. I mean the cobalt.wrappers file does not have a --wrap munmap line and the library does not have the function either. Why is that?
> The mmap wrapper is there. I need to unmap the memory before closing the file descriptor. At least I did it this way in my old sources. Can I skip the munmap() call in this new Xenomai version before closing the descriptor?

You mmap memory against an RTDM device handle, the only difference to
mmap against a Linux device is who provides the memory. Releasing that
mapping is just the same as with Linux: call munmap.

If your driver has anything to do on release, register vmops with the
backing vma. See e.g. spi_master_mmap.