RE: Why X11 influences the latency of xenomai?

Meng, Fino fino.meng at intel.com
Thu Apr 9 03:29:50 CEST 2020

On 08.04.20 10:39, 孙世龙 via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
>     Why X11 influences the latency of xenomai?I guess it has some relation to
> GPU.Could you make me more clearly?
>     I have solved the latency . I am using QT runing on linux
> framebuffer ,disabled X11 at all.I really hope to why  X11 influences the
> latency of xenomai
>     Thanks a lot.Looking forward to your reply.
>     Best regards.

GPU do have big impact; use headless (without GUI) Linux if possible.
If your app really need cobalt thread and 3D graphics running together,
On x86_64 you can try CAT (cache allocation technology)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/cache-allocation-technology-white-paper.pdf
https://github.com/intel/intel-cmt-cat

BR / Fino (孟祥夫)
Intel – IOTG Developer Enabling