Could anybody make me more clearly that the differences bettween rtdm_event_wait and rtdm_wait_condition?

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:29:31 CEST 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 5:14 AM 孙世龙 via Xenomai <xenomai at xenomai.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>        Could anybody make me more clearly that the differences bettween
> rtdm_event_wait and rtdm_wait_condition?
>
>        I think they both support to wait for some condition become true.

In the *_condition() variant you can specify your own condition to wait for.
Just like with Linux's wait_event* API.

>        Another question is about the differences betteew
> rtdm_wait_condition and rtdm_wait_condition_lock.I could not find any
> actual usage of the two function throughout all source code (v3.1).

You can lock a waitqueue. Depending on weather the queue is locked or not
the _lock() variant is needed.

See:
https://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3.1/html/xeno3prm/group__rtdm__sync.html#ga16d020cefc20213de5929ed2e72fe918

--