rt_task_unblock() POSIX alternative

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:30:17 CEST 2020

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 10:16 AM Petr ńĆervenka <grugh at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hello Richard.
> Sorry for late answer because of the Easter.
>
>  > I gave your program a try.
> > With this changes it works (at least how I understand your test case).
>  >
> > Task started
> > Set period: 5s
> > Task livind: 9.9e-05s
> > Waiting for join
> > Signal handler: 41
> > Signal handler end
> > Task livind: 0.999s
> > Task ended
>  >

> There has to be something with my version of Xenomai, IPIPE or configuration. Not even your example is working for me. Morover in your example output is clearly visible, that the first waiting is interrupted 9.9e-05s after first attempt to wait by some unknown signal. Such thing has never happened to me in POSIX, only in Alchemy.

I fear there seems to be a confusion between POSIX tasks and POSIX skin.
Is your goal programming Xenomai realtime threads using POSIX alike APIs?
Or are you looking for a pedant of rt_task_unblock() to unblock a
POSIX task, without Xenomai realtime threads?

The solution I provided is for the latter case.

--
Thanks,
//richard