Re: rt_task_unblock() POSIX alternative

Petr Červenka grugh at centrum.cz
Tue Apr 14 11:10:59 CEST 2020

> I fear there seems to be a confusion between POSIX tasks and POSIX skin.
> Is your goal programming Xenomai realtime threads using POSIX alike APIs?
> Or are you looking for a pedant of rt_task_unblock() to unblock a
> POSIX task, without Xenomai realtime threads?
 >
> The solution I provided is for the latter case.

My original goal was to port a very complex realtime application from Xenomai 2.6.5 Native skin to Xenomai 3.1 POSIX skin. So I made series of examples, where I tried to verify porting of several designs used in the orig. application. And rt_task_unblock() for reconfiguration of the waiting threads in the orig app was one of them.
Now I'm very curious, why the (my explicit) signals in Xenomai POSIX skin are not working for me as I would expect.

Here is my compile command:
g++ -fasynchronous-unwind-tables   -c -g -D_DEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D__COBALT_WRAP__ -D__COBALT__ -I/usr/xenomai/include/cobalt -I/usr/xenomai/include -MMD -MP -MF "build/Debug/GNU-Linux/main.o.d" -o build/Debug/GNU-Linux/main.o main.cpp

Here is my link command:
g++ -fasynchronous-unwind-tables    -o dist/Debug/GNU-Linux/countertestapp_4 build/Debug/GNU-Linux/main.o -L/usr/xenomai/lib -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/xenomai/lib' -Wl,--no-as-needed -Wl,@/usr/xenomai/lib/cobalt.wrappers -Wl,@/usr/xenomai/lib/modechk.wrappers /usr/xenomai/lib/xenomai/bootstrap.o -Wl,--wrap=main -Wl,--dynamic-list=/usr/xenomai/lib/dynlist.ld -lcobalt -lmodechk -lpthread -lrt

I'm using Netbeans IDE for my attemps, but the I tried to integrate xeno-config --posix --cflags or --ldflags result into the project settings as much as possible.
Petr