RTNet and setsockopt

Per Oberg pero at wolfram.com
Thu Apr 16 18:08:25 CEST 2020

Dear list

I am "porting" a posix application using raw network packages to RTNet. The old code is trying to use setsockopt and ioctl. The calls I am trying to use are

setsockopt:
 SO_RCVTIMEO
 SO_SNDTIMEO
 SO_DONTROUTE

These return "No such device". I guess that this is because setsockopt is not rt-compatible, correct ? ( There seem to be no corresponding rt_setsockopt... )

ioctl :
 IFF_PROMISC | IFF_BROADCAST

These return "Operation not supported".

My code works fairly well as it is, and I probably do not need SO_DONTROUTE, IFF_PROMISC, and IFF_BROADCAST with rtnet. I would, however, like to have SO_RCVTIMEO, SO_SNDTIMEO or nonblock. Do I need to use O_NONBLOCK together with send() instead or am I missing something ?

Best Regards
Per Öberg