Regarding Xenomai patch installation on Live USB

Meng, Fino fino.meng at intel.com
Mon Apr 20 12:47:42 CEST 2020

>Thank you for your email response Fino.
>
>Maybe due to 4.9.* is too far away from Ubuntu 1804's original kernel; What will be the issue in this case? Due to any hardware
>driver dependency causing this issue?
>
>We make this repo for convenience, Kernel version is 4.19.59 with some Intel BSP patches.
>working good on Ubuntu 1804; but didn't make it on Live USB yet, https://github.com/intel/linux-stable-xenomai/wiki/Guide-
>of-Xenomai-Build-and-Installation-on-Top-of-Ubuntu
>

>Is there any restriction to use the Xenomai on live USB or can I proceed and install using the steps provided by you?

We didn't study it yet, we internally build out live USB image from yocto/bitbake based codebase; u can try,

>One more thing is I am trying to install this on a specific motherboard of industrial grade which is based on a c246p chipset and
>core i7 6 core processor (i7 8700). Will my hardware cause any issue. Because I have installed Xenomai on different PCs and
>Laptops multiple times and never faced any issue.

We have seen 4.9.* working on newest WHL-U and other platform; the thing is if it fail to boot any certain machine,
It take time to debug, u may need a serial port to printout boot log to speed up the debug process.