[CXP][RFC] pick POSIX/cobalt for the common user API

chensong chensong at tj.kylinos.cn
Mon Dec 7 09:09:13 CET 2020

On 2020年12月07日 14:59, Greg Gallagher wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 9:15 PM chensong via Xenomai <xenomai at xenomai.org
> <mailto:xenomai at xenomai.org>> wrote:
>
>     hi Philippe,
>
>     As far as i know, some vxworks customers like xenomai because they can
>     move their RT processes from vxworks to linux without rewriting their
>     code by the help of vxworks skin.
>
> These are legacy vxworks applications?

yes, legacy vxworks apps, i heard of that from marketing guys, they are
trying to move to linux, xenomai is a perfect alternative in this case.

i was also asked to write a demo with vxworks skin.

>     If we "Excluding the legacy RTOS emulators such as VxWorks", we will
>     lose them. It could depend on the balance of the request and effort.
>
> It might make sense to only support the vxworks skin, would any of these
> users be willing to help with support?

i'm not sure, we can talk about it when we get that place, either users
or i can apply resources in our R&D.

song