Receiving "Operation Not Permitted" when setting RTCAN_RTIOC_RCV_TIMEOUT and reading from CAN over cobalt pthread

Meng, Fino fino.meng at intel.com
Thu Jul 2 04:40:09 CEST 2020

Maybe it's due to RT group scheduling, would u try this:

sysctl -w kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us=-1
//or
echo $$ > /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cgroup.procs

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/README
        We recommend to turn off Real-Time group scheduling in the
        kernel when using systemd. RT group scheduling effectively
        makes RT scheduling unavailable for most userspace, since it
        requires explicit assignment of RT budgets to each unit whose
        processes making use of RT. As there's no sensible way to
        assign these budgets automatically this cannot really be
        fixed, and it's best to disable group scheduling hence.
           CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED=n

BR / Fino (孟祥夫)
Intel – IOTG Developer Enabling