About binding failed: Operation not permitted help

Meng, Fino fino.meng at intel.com
Tue Jul 7 09:07:04 CEST 2020

The steps I have used:

1) add xenomai group

```
sudo addgroup xenomai --gid 1234
sudo addgroup root xenomai
sudo usermod -a -G xenomai $USER
```

2) update kernel cmd

```
sudo vim /etc/default/grub
\\ add xenomai.allowed_group=1234 to kernel cmd line
sudo update-grub
```

3) udpate udev
```
sudo cp ${xenomai-dir}/etc/udev/rules.d/*  /etc/udev/rules.d
```

4) reboot

But we always use root in our test, didn't meet a requirement to run as common users yet,

BR / Fino (孟祥夫)
Intel – IOTG Developer Enabling