xenomai 3.1/ipipe-core-4.19.128-cip28-arm-10.patch

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Tue Jul 7 19:48:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 12:30 PM Robert Berger <xenomai.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I digged a bit deeper and it looks like although I tell Yocto/BitBake to
> use 4.19.x kernel headers it auto generates this:
>
> /unix/sysv/linux/arm/arch-syscall.h:#define __NR_clock_nanosleep_time64 407

I tested on the none cip branch 4.19.128 ipipe-arm (since i had that
on hand) and it passes with no issue.  I'll test again on the latest
cip 4.19.y ipipe-arm branch later tonight but I don't expect to get
the above error.  It looks like this syscall exists in the 5.4 kernel
but not the 4.19 one (as you mentioned before).  I haven't had a
chance to look into this too deeply but from the little bit I've
looked at, it seems that in the newer kernels there's been some
changes around clock_nanosleep. Yocto seems to be expecting that the
kernel you are using is going to be 5.4 and is generating headers
based on that.  So apps think that 407 is a valid system call but our
4.19 kernel doesn't know what system call that is.  I don't have a lot
of yocto experience but you could try moving to an older yocto branch
that supports 4.19 kernels and see what happens.

-Greg