xenomai 3.1/ipipe-core-4.19.128-cip28-arm-10.patch

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Thu Jul 9 05:55:32 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 5:19 PM Robert Berger <xenomai.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My comments are in-line.
>
> On 08/07/2020 15:41, Greg Gallagher wrote:
>
> > I'm using glibc 2.25.  The other thing to keep in mind is that the
> > message isn't coming from the Linux kernel, it's coming from Cobalt.
> > So it's possible cobalt is having some issues with a newer libc.  I'll
> > have time tonight to sit down with ftrace and see if I can get a
> > better idea of what's going on.
> >

> I traced the issue a bit more down.
>
> The problematic testcase is protect_trylock (posix-mutex.c:1063) since
> it calls __real_usleep()(lib/cobalt/wrappers.c:553); which causes
> [Xenomai] bad syscall <0x197>
>
> So yes, it looks like it's a combination of Cobalt and a new glibc.
>
> I am really surprised that no one else stumbled across this issue, since
> I can't even remember which Yocto Version used 4.19 or older kernel headers.
>
> My hack to use 4.19 kernel headers didn't help, since, as you say, it
> does not seem to be related to this issue.
>
> So I guess the ball is in Xenomai land ;)
>
> Having said that I am happy to test whatever you come up with and I
> guess I could also provide some remote test setup where you can play and
> see the issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

I tested the latest ipipe-arm 4.19.y-cip branch using the latest gcc
from Linaro (7.5) and I can't reproduce the error.  I'm assuming it's
because it's still using a 2.25 libc.  To investigate further I'll
have to build a newer tool chain and try the test again.  I'll have
time later this week to continue the investigation.  For now it seems
using libc 2.25 avoids the error.

thanks

Greg