Problem when compiling Xenomai 3.0.8 user libraries with enable-debug

Matheus Leitzke senseipinto at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:42:59 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am setting my Xenomai user libraries with:

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-smp --enable-debug=full
--enable-pshared --with-core=cobalt

But when I use make to compile the user libraries, the following error is
throw:

make[5]: Entering directory
'/home/matheus/Downloads/xenomai-3.0.8/lib/cobalt/arch/arm'
  CC       libarch_la-features.lo
features.c: In function ‘cobalt_check_features’:
features.c:78:1: error: r7 cannot be used in asm here
 }

This error is thrown because the r7 register is being used in macro
XENOMAI_SYSCALL2 inside cobalt_check_features from features,c cobalt file.

I try to follow this suggestion:
https://tls.mbed.org/kb/development/arm-thumb-error-r7-cannot-be-used-in-asm-here.
However, when inserting "-fomit-frame-pointer" on Makefile c flags
variables, this has no effect.

This error occurs only when I set --enable-debug flag.

Do you have any suggestions?

Matheus