What is the purpose of corectl

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Jul 13 19:17:51 CEST 2020

On 10.07.20 13:56, Lange Norbert via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just found the corectl tool (and the related syscall). After a stop, all threads previously using cobalt services end up zombified,
> apparently never getting reaped. (Only useful thing is to reboot then IMHO).

I personally haven't used corectl for ages, it's not part of regular
testing, it's not unlikely that it silently broke.

> Maybe if this tool could shutdown everything cleanly, I would run this before unloading modules like rtnet as safety measure (unloading rtnet will just block if its used).

RTnet should trigger terminations for resource-holding tasks and also
drivers by now. That is unrelated to corectl and was addressed by
Philippe a while back. Maybe not completely, though.