rt_pipe_write memory allocation bug - xenomai 3.x

Stéphane Ancelot sancelot at numalliance.com
Mon Jul 27 14:44:01 CEST 2020

Hi,

Using pipe created with poolsize = 0, meaning all message allocations
for this pipe are performed on the Cobalt core heap.

Unfortunately,  using rt_pipe_write(), when no user task is consuming
it, we discovered after almost many rt_pipe_write() cycles (700000 at
least in our process)  , that the cobalt heap and system heap seem being
corrupted.

Leading to system issues like unattended task crashes .....

Are there any way to bypass this problem, like knowing if pipe has been
opened before writing it ?

Regards,

S.Ancelot