Ipipe-Patch for kernel version 5.4.23

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Mar 2 13:37:31 CET 2020

On 02.03.20 11:00, Ralf Moder via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need the kernel version 5.4.23 in an embedded linux project because of driver stuff but also the Xenomai extension. How big is the probability that an I-pipe patch for the 5.4 version will be released in the next 2 to 3 months?

I would first of all say that it's >0. But beyond that, it depends on
the architecture: x86 should be available on 5.4 in the next months with
a probability >>50% as that will be my primary target for looking into
how to move forward. ARM and ARM64 currently lacks a maintainer. If we
are lucky, the base enabling via Philippe's dovetail queue will enable
those more or less as well. But it will definitely take someone to take
responsibility for those archs because my colleagues and I currently
cannot invest beyond integrating contributions. There is also ppc32
(which has a maintainer), but I suppose that this is not your target.