Ipipe-Patch for kernel version 5.4.23

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Mon Mar 2 16:17:04 CET 2020

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:38 AM Jan Kiszka via Xenomai <xenomai at xenomai.org>
wrote:

> On 02.03.20 11:00, Ralf Moder via Xenomai wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I need the kernel version 5.4.23 in an embedded linux project because of
> driver stuff but also the Xenomai extension. How big is the probability
> that an I-pipe patch for the 5.4 version will be released in the next 2 to
> 3 months?
>
> I would first of all say that it's >0. But beyond that, it depends on
> the architecture: x86 should be available on 5.4 in the next months with
> a probability >>50% as that will be my primary target for looking into
> how to move forward. ARM and ARM64 currently lacks a maintainer. If we
> are lucky, the base enabling via Philippe's dovetail queue will enable
> those more or less as well. But it will definitely take someone to take
> responsibility for those archs because my colleagues and I currently
> cannot invest beyond integrating contributions. There is also ppc32
> (which has a maintainer), but I suppose that this is not your target.
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE

If you need this for arm I was going to try to port the ipipe to 5.4 in the
near future. Effort wise it shouldn't be too bad, but it all depends on how
much the upstream changes impact us.  What board are you targeting?

Jan, I can  help out maintaining the ARM ipipe.  We can talk offline if
you'd like.

-Greg