GPIO interrupt not working on Zynq7000

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Wed Mar 4 17:12:04 CET 2020

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 11:08 AM Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka at siemens.com> wrote:

> On 04.03.20 17:00, François Legal via Xenomai wrote:
> > Le Mercredi, Mars 04, 2020 16:48 CET, Greg Gallagher <greg at embeddedgreg.com> a écrit:
> >
> >> hi,

> >> Are you building directly from the ipipe repo or applying one of the
> >> patches?  If it's a patch what patch are you applying?
> >
> > I'm applying ipipe-core-4.4.176-arm-10.patch with slight modifications (KUSER_TSC is not enabled for Zynq 7000 in that patch)
> >

> You know that you can find a newer version in
> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe/tree/ipipe-4.4.y-cip? I'm just not
> releasing it as I'm lacking test feedback on the updates. It is not
> supposed to resolve the GPIO issue, though.
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE

I'll have to look at this a little more closely, I don't think you
need to clear the pending status unless something changed upstream on
us.  The chained handler should be calling a mask and ack to hold the
line  and then unmask once the handler is called.  In userspace you're
just calling select on the gpio path?  I can test this with just the
ipipe first and see if we can isolate the issue to either the ipipe or
Xenomai.  It may take me a couple of days to get setup with my Zynq
board again, can you try the 4.4.y branch Jan mentioned, I'll use that
as a starting point when I start debugging.

Thanks

Greg