Public xenomai testing infrastructure

Gylstorff Quirin quirin.gylstorff at siemens.com
Thu Mar 5 14:41:42 CET 2020

Hi all,

As Jan mentioned in some post we have a CI infrastructure[1]
- currently only internal available - based on gitlab & LAVA[2].
  We plan to create a public version of this infrastructure.

The setup will similar to the testing in CIP project[3]. The results
of a build are transferred via a public LAVA master to private instances
of LAVA workers to the device-under-test and executed and the result
displayed on the LAVA master.

We intend to use xenomai-images to build  kernel,root file system and
xenomai.

The CI infrastructure will have the following components:
- Public/Private Builds with gitlab, travis or similar
- Public Lava Master (scheduling of test and display of results)
- Private Lava worker connect to Hardware targets

Current open topics for the CI Infrastructure
- where to execute the public builds?
   - gitlab oss program[4]
     - can we run builds of xenomai-image
   - travis
   - somewhere else
- Where to store the build artifacts?
   - AWS buckets
   - locally on the Master
- How long to store the build artifacts?
   - 1 week
- Where to run the public Lava Master?
   - AWS or similar instance
     - Payment of the instance
   - Physical Server
     - Who can host the server

[1]:
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/tests/README.md#test-architecture
[2]: https://lavasoftware.org/
[3]:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting
[4]:
https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/community-relations/opensource-program/

Quirin
---
Quirin Gylstorff

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Research in Digitalization and Automation
Smart Embedded Systems
CT RDA IOT SES-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Muenchen, Germany
Mobile: +49 173 3746683
mailto:quirin.gylstorff at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim
Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin
and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB
12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322