Public xenomai testing infrastructure

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Thu Mar 5 14:51:55 CET 2020

On 05.03.20 14:41, Gylstorff Quirin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As Jan mentioned in some post we have a CI infrastructure[1]
> - currently only internal available - based on gitlab & LAVA[2].
>   We plan to create a public version of this infrastructure.
>
> The setup will similar to the testing in CIP project[3]. The results
> of a build are transferred via a public LAVA master to private instances
> of LAVA workers to the device-under-test and executed and the result
> displayed on the LAVA master.
>
> We intend to use xenomai-images to build  kernel,root file system and
> xenomai.
>
> The CI infrastructure will have the following components:
> - Public/Private Builds with gitlab, travis or similar
> - Public Lava Master (scheduling of test and display of results)
> - Private Lava worker connect to Hardware targets
>
> Current open topics for the CI Infrastructure
> - where to execute the public builds?
>    - gitlab oss program[4]
>      - can we run builds of xenomai-image
>    - travis
        (then paid, we won't scale as free project)

      - AWS, like we do in the CIP project via
        https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/gitlab-cloud-ci

>    - somewhere else
> - Where to store the build artifacts?
>    - AWS buckets
>    - locally on the Master

You mean the Lava Master, I suppose.

> - How long to store the build artifacts?
>    - 1 week

- until overwritten by a newer version - unfortunately not a feature of
   gitlab artifacts

> - Where to run the public Lava Master?
>    - AWS or similar instance
>      - Payment of the instance
>    - Physical Server
>      - Who can host the server
>

> [1]:
> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/tests/README.md#test-architecture
>
> [2]: https://lavasoftware.org/
> [3]:
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting
>
> [4]:
> https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/community-relations/opensource-program/
>

> Quirin
> ---
> Quirin Gylstorff
>
> Siemens AG
> Corporate Technology
> Research in Digitalization and Automation
> Smart Embedded Systems
> CT RDA IOT SES-DE
> Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
> 81739 Muenchen, Germany
> Mobile: +49 173 3746683
> mailto:quirin.gylstorff at siemens.com
> www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife
>
> Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim
> Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and
> Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich,
> Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin
> and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB
> 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Thanks for this overview, Quirin!