Re: GPIO interrupt not working on Zynq7000

François Legal francois.legal at thom.fr.eu.org
Wed Mar 4 17:28:46 CET 2020

Le Mercredi, Mars 04, 2020 17:12 CET, Greg Gallagher <greg at embeddedgreg.com> a écrit:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 11:08 AM Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka at siemens.com> wrote:

> > > I'm applying ipipe-core-4.4.176-arm-10.patch with slight modifications (KUSER_TSC is not enabled for Zynq 7000 in that patch)
> > >

> > You know that you can find a newer version in
> > https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/ipipe/tree/ipipe-4.4.y-cip? I'm just not
> > releasing it as I'm lacking test feedback on the updates. It is not
> > supposed to resolve the GPIO issue, though.
> >
> > Jan
> >
> > --
> > Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE
> > Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux
>
> I'll have to look at this a little more closely, I don't think you
> need to clear the pending status unless something changed upstream on
> us.  The chained handler should be calling a mask and ack to hold the
> line  and then unmask once the handler is called.  In userspace you're
> just calling select on the gpio path?  I can test this with just the
> ipipe first and see if we can isolate the issue to either the ipipe or
> Xenomai.  It may take me a couple of days to get setup with my Zynq
> board again, can you try the 4.4.y branch Jan mentioned, I'll use that
> as a starting point when I start debugging.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Your comment on using the ipipe repo made me go there and have a look. It seems I found the answer.
In the zynq_gpio_handle_bank_irq, the ipipe repo uses "ipipe_handle_demuxed_irq" whereas mine used "generic_handle_irq"

It seems that my problem is solved now.

So I think I saw the announcement for ipipe-core-4.4.196-cip38-x86-19.patch, but nothing for arm.

Thanks

François