failing smokey tests

Bradley Valdenebro Peter (DC-AE/ESW52) Peter.BradleyValdenebro at boschrexroth.nl
Fri Mar 20 13:23:05 CET 2020

Hello Xenomai team,

We are currently running a Xenomai/Linux setup on a Zynq Z-7020 SoC (We run Linux on CPU0 and Xenomai on CPU1):
	$ uname -a
		Linux wom03 4.14.110-mainline #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 17 17:25:22 CET 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
	$ cat /proc/xenomai/version
		3.1
	$ cat /proc/ipipe/version
		7

We are experiencing two problems with the smokey tests:

1. posix_cond (check POSIX condition variable services). This tests fails 8 out of 10 executions with the following message:

	$ sudo /usr/bin/smokey --run=14 --verbose=2
		autoinit_simple_conddestroy
		autoinit_simple_condwait
		simple_condwait
		relative_condwait
		autoinit_absolute_condwait
		cond_wait waited 9998.799 us

By looking at the test autoinit_absolute_condwait it looks like a timed conditional wait should timeout after 10000us. This is measured in the test and checked.
If it's lower than 10000us it will fail. Should it always be equal or higher than 10000us? Are 9998.799us not acceptable?

2. memory_coreheap and memory_heapmem
First execution of any of these tests goes fine but later executions of any of them always result in a system freeze and a power cycle is necessary.
E.g.: If I execute memory_coreheap after a power cycle it will succeed. If I later execute memory_heapmem it will freeze.
        Or if I execute memory_heapmem after a power cycle it will succeed. If I later execute it again it will freeze.

It freezes just after printing "(running the pattern check test for 'heapmem' -- this may take some time)"

By freeze I mean the system is unresponsive. I cannot even ping the system.
If I had to guess it looks like something isn't freed or cleaned-up properly after the test.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Peter Bradley