Regarding Xenomai patch to the kernel 4.15.38

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at web.de
Mon Mar 30 18:42:26 CEST 2020

On 30.03.20 10:53, gopi ratnakaram via Xenomai wrote:
> Team,
>
> I have a specific requirement that where i need to patch xenomai 3 to my
> linux kernel 4.15.38 which is running on Ubuntu16.04/Ubuntu18.04. When I
> try checking with the following help from
>
> https://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2018-June/039004.html
>
> But, I was unable to apply/create arch specific packages.
>
> Is it possible to create ipipe patch to the corresponding kernel 4.15.38,
> if yes please let me know required steps to do the same.

It is possible but not wise unless you are deep into the I-pipe details.
But once you are, you also realize that using a distro kernel will only
complicate things for this.

Just use the latest support long-term stable kernel with Xenomai (by now
4.19-cip based) for you Ubuntu installation, just like we do for the
Debian-based demo images [1].

Jan

[1] https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images