RTnet plan to support qdisc, zero copy, XDP?

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Wed Sep 9 10:05:36 CEST 2020

On 07.09.20 03:45, Peter Wong via Xenomai wrote:
> Is there any plan for support qdisc, zero copy, XDP in RTnet?

Plans aren't concrete yet, but renovation (or replacement) of RTnet is
needed, specifically to support TSN. Ideally, we do that with maximum
reuse of kernel infrastructure, "just" adding the fast-path access from
an RT application. Or we look into reusing DPDK which is gaining TSN
support as well and has a Linux-free data path already.