Useless dovetail hacks

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Thu Sep 10 18:47:36 CEST 2020

Hi all,

to permit sharing the work of porting Xenomai over dovetail, I finally
pushed my baseline hacks to [1]. You can "use" that on [2] (use
fa1e9ba5e822, 0d68e5607286 leaks evl bits and is broken) just like you
would for an I-pipe kernel (prepare-kernel.sh). The thing builds for me,
it even starts and gives a prompt, but that's because of

[    1.186025] [Xenomai] init failed, code -19

All the timing stuff is not mapped yet. Like a lot of other things. ETIME...

Please raise your hand when you'd like to join this endeavor, then we
can discuss a split-up of tasks. Next steps would be:

- make it initialize dovetail properly and activate Xenomai
- hack on it until Xenomai tasks work properly
- look at the result an decide how to integrate with I-pipe or whether
  to make this Xenomai 3.2 without any I-pipe support

Jan

[1] https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/tree/wip/dovetail
[2] https://git.evlproject.org/linux-evl.git/log/?h=dovetail/master